Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

Inspiration From A Wallpaper Pattern (continued)

The creative juices have really been flowing over the past week and my mind is just buzzing with so many different ideas. 

This is a good thing but it means I keep shooting off in tangents and I'm struggling to get things finished. (Does this only happen to me?)

I have finished all of my cards which were inspired by my Grandmothers wallpaper pattern.


A card made with the Stampin' Up! Oh, Hello Stamp Set

The background for this one was created using the Oh, Hello stamp set and the colours throughout all the cards are Pink Pirouette, Rose Red and Perfect Plum.

This one was the easiest to finish because I did nothing more to it except for stamp the sentiment which is from Sweet Essentials. 

I may have added a few jewels to it but I seem to have misplaced them (oops!). Once I find them I may add a few.

A Card made using the Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge and Butterfly embosslits

This one may be my favourite! 

The background for this one was made using the Gorgeous Grunge set, I masked of the side sections with a post it note to create the border on both sides.

I added the butterflies which I made using the embosslits butterflies die and I just inked the edges with my perfect plum stampin' write marker.

A card with leaves inked across the bottom


I love the texture of these leaves, I created them with a sponge dauber and inked through the negative of the Little Leaves Sizzlits die (I used the positive in the next one). The background was created by inking up 2 clear blocks and stamping directly on the paper.

I also did a little bit of paper piercing with the festive paper-piercing pack and the sentiment was cut out with the labels collection framelits.


A card made with the Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge set

I used the gorgeous grunge again for the background and the Little Leaves sizzlits die with a piece of crumb cake card.

I punched out the flowers with Itty Bitty Shapes punch from some silver glimmer paper. I coloured the glimmer paper with a perfect plum marker.

A card made with the stampin' Up! Flowering Flourishes stamp set

I used the clear blocks again for this background and the Flowering Flourishes.

A little sparkle to the flower centres adds a little bit extra something, and I used the Dazzling Details Silver Sparkle.

A card with flowers stamped on the bottom

I used the flowering flourishes again and instead of the clear blocks I inked through some paper with a sponge dauber. For the small shape I cut out a negative using the postage stamp punch.

If I'm being totally honest, I prefer the look the clear blocks give over this effect.

Silver sparkle and glimmer paper again for a bit of bling.

I hope you enjoyed reading about the process involved in creating these cards and if you missed it the first part can be seen here.


6 Card layouts
Wallpaper inspiration part 1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love getting feedback.