Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Button Hole Tutorial




Stampin' Up Heart Framelit Flower


A picture of a paper lily in a glass jar

I'm often asked where my ideas come from and, of course, I'm inspired by lots of different things and different people.

As a crafter (and I'm sure I'm not alone) sometimes I see something I like and I "dissect" it, I think to myself...

"how was that made?"
"I could make something like that if I just ...and I could use..".

This project began a little like that.

I saw someone making paper flowers, they had printed the basic shape from a CD, which is not really my thing,  the basic shape was a heart which started me thinking maybe I could make something similar with the heart framelits.

Convention was coming up soon (it was last November, it's taken me a while to get round to writing this) and I wanted to make some wow swaps for my Stampin' Up team members. I took the idea about the hearts and some inspiration from the button hole my little boy wore at my sisters wedding. 




A cute photo of the bottom of my little boys face.

He was such a cute ring bearer!!

So my idea worked out (they don't always) and I am was pleased with the end result, as was the team, at least I think so.

A great picture of a paper flower

The video tutorial is not one of my best as I haven't made one of these buttonholes since the convention but you should be able to follow it ok.



Supplies Used:

Hearts Collection Framelits Dies 125599
Old Olive A4 Card Stock 106576
Whisper White A4 Card Stock 106549
Daffodil Delight A4 Card Stock 121680
Pink Pirouette A4 Card Stock 116203

All these supplies can be bought at my Stampin' Up! Store, Stampin' Up! Scotland

Other projects you may like:


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love getting feedback.